1. I will be appearing at the Windy City Comic Con this Saturday, October 25 in Chicago.
Anyone in the area should come check it out. The Convention is being run and sponsored by the Around Comics, 11 O'Clock Comics and Word Balloon crews. The guest list is great and includes my good buddy and fellow Top Shelfer Jeffrey Brown. I am also now accepting pre-orders for sketches and commissions for the show. Just email me with any questions.
2. My first Vertigo work, a 144-page OGN entitled The Nobody, is in the can! I finished up artwork on the book last week, and have sent it off to my editors Bob Schreck and Brandon Montclair at DC. It feels great to be done another book, and now I'm starting on my next two projects, one a new graphic novel for Top Shelf, tentatively scheduled for 2010, and another BIG project which is still TOP SECRET!
3. I've also been busy with a couple of short pieces. One is for a yet to be announced anthology from Dark Horse Comics. The second is a 10-page western written by Joshua Hale Fialkov and illustrated by me, which will be a part of next year's follow up to Image Comic' Outlaw Territory anthology.
4. Last night I did an hour long interview with the COMIC BOOK GEEK SPEAK podcast, which will be online tomorrow (Tuesday Oct 21). We talk about the entire Essex County Trilogy as well as my upcoming Vertigo work.
5. And, finally here is the second installment of the BIO-GRAPHICAL strip I have been doing for DRIVEN magazine, which is a bi-monthly insert in Canada's Globe and Mail newspaper. Enjoy!